Turnaround Consulting Services LLC is currently seeking a Turnaround Mechanical Planner in Coffeyville KS This role is expected to last approximately 1 year and will be assisting with detailed planning tasks for an upcoming Turnaround.
Under the guidance of the Turnaround Manager (TAM), and as a member of the TCS Turnaround Team, the TA Mechanical Field Planner implements a strategy that renews the assets and maximizes long term value creation, and then executes that strategy delivering best in class performance in all phases of the turnaround (planning and front-end loading (FEL), pre-work, shutdown, and post-work).
- Collaborate with Operations Turnaround Coordinator to validate value added, detailed job scopes. Ensure plans incorporate all learnings and archived plans from previous turnarounds.
- Utilize job scopes, subject matter experts, technical literature, equipment drawings, field visits, job safety aids, safety standards, etc. to develop detailed, safe, efficient job plans.
- Prepare job packages per a defined, detailed operating discipline utilizing SAP to sequence the jobs and order the materials.
- Collaborate with the scheduler, project teams when relevant, Operations Turnaround Coordinator, and other applicable SMEs to develop a value creating integrated schedule.
- Collaborate with the scheduler and cost controller to develop a value creating labor resource plan.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work experience in a chemical or refining manufacturing facility.
- Experience in and understanding of the flow of mechanical and/or maintenance work in various crafts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and nights as needed.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish.
- A valid U.S. driver license.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, and facilitate decision – making in high stress turnaround environment
- Have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills – inspire others and lead them through influence.
- 5 years of maintenance craft experience or exposure to mechanical and or/maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical environment.
- Experience in planning jobs in SAP.